This eco-friendly tip is one for each and every one – home & office (yes that includes you also). We are on my eco tip number 4 now and the best thing about this green initiative is; it doesn’t take much effort (hurray) and can make a considerable bearing on reducing negative impact on our environment.
Small eco ideas, big changes – we love it! Let’s look further into how to:
Green your computer
Your computer already contributes a great deal towards you being eco, for example: You shop online (+ save fuel) and browse online trough catalogues and newspapers (bye bye paper).
So here are my 6 simple steps to turn your PC / Printer green:
- Set up your computer to hibernate.
- Open the power settings of your computer and set them to optimal energy use.
- Utilize refilled ink cartridges and as added bonus safe some money as well
- Use recycled paper (or even better go paperless).
- Give your computer breathing space – Make sure air can flow freely around; this keeps the fan cooler and uses less energy.
- Evidently when not in use turn it off (and I mean really turn it off – not on stand-by): computer, printer scanner etc
Now let’s make the effort in fine tuning your computer to the green side.
Eco tips archive: